Counts Of Orgaz’s Palace
Sumacàrcer’s Town Hall
This building dates back to the Middle Ages (s. XV) and represents the typical Valencian Rural Palace.
The origin of this palace dates back to the Orgaz’s estate, where members of this lineage were born and raised. The Crespí de Valldaura family lived there until the 17th century, when their family and the Orgaz tied the knot and moved to Madrid and Toledo.
In 1928 it was occupied by members of the Christian Doctrine, who founded El Pilar School. After that, in 1949 ‘’Las Obreras de la Cruz’’ (The Workers of the Cross) took possession of the building until 1982. Then, in April 1991 the Count of Orgaz handed over the palace to Sumacàrcer in order to be used a Council House.
Nowadays, the inner rooms have been restored setting up the Ethnological Museum, the Exhibition Hall, ICT room and the Nature Knowledge Hall (a virtual classroom of information about the environment and an exhibition of the town’s flora and fauna).